WebsiteGear Logo Log In
New User? Sign Up
About | Contact | FAQ
Home Discussion Forums Web Hosting Domain Names & DNS
New Post New Post | Report Abuse Report Abuse

Minimum time to make live a Website in Internet
Post by hindi on Sep 30, 2007 1:14:42 PM CST

What minimum possible time does it take to become live on Internet for a website?

I mean to say the time taken from domain registration, hosting and uploading. Here what I observered is hosting and uploading is almost instantanious if Internet connection and server is ok.

The next factor is time taken for propagation of nameserver details.

Any way I am asking about instant website?
Is it possible to register a domain, host and upload site content and all is available to world in minimum time.

So suggest me any one a startegy for minimum time taken in the whole process.

Submit To Slashdot Slashdot | Submit To Digg.com Digg | Save in del.icio.us Del.icio.us | Submit To Reddit Reddit
REPLIES & COMMENTS Post a Reply
Comment by admin on Sep 30, 2007 8:33:45 PM CST Report Abuse
We have experienced that the time it takes to get the website online (starting from a domain registration) is between half an hour to maybe 12 hours. Since the hosting the website (and web pages) and DNS is in your control, the minimum time is dependent on how your domain name registrar propagates your new domain name to the root servers.

We have used GoDaddy.com for our domain names, and it is usually very fast to make the domain name active. Setup the DNS server properly after registering the domain names, and you are set to go within 30 mins.

Of course, it might take some time to propagate the new domain name DNS server throughout the world, our test was from the US.
Comment by sinohosting on Jan 9, 2008 6:53:49 AM CST Report Abuse
The minimum would be about half an hour. But it can take 24 hours for the DNS to propagate. Depends of your registrar and maybe the extension. Dot coms are usually very quick for us to be active, while dot cn take at least six hours.
LATEST FORUM POSTINGS
Nav How to develop a Flxexible Web Design | Mar 5, 2013
Nav Website comments on updates / improvements please | Feb 28, 2013
Nav WebsiteGear Introduces Unlimited Web Survey Plan | Dec 4, 2012
Nav HTML TAGGING PROJECT CONVERSION 100% QUALITY | Nov 28, 2012
Nav Backup Your Files, Photos, Music online For Free | Nov 25, 2012
Nav 5 common link building mistakes | Aug 27, 2011
Nav How to convert psd into html? | Jan 15, 2011
Nav How to choose the right PHP Framework for web deve | Jan 12, 2011
FORUM SEARCH

FEATURED NEWS | POPULAR NEWS
Submit News | View More News View More News