WebsiteGear Logo Log In
New User? Sign Up
About | Contact | FAQ
Home Discussion Forums Website Promotion Other Marketing
New Post New Post | Report Abuse Report Abuse

Most effective ways to get traffic to your site
Post by MrCat on Oct 5, 2007 10:38:07 PM CST

Hi everyone!

Traffic, Traffic, Traffic! How do we get it? There are lots of possible ways to get traffic. All you need is to look at this list for your reference and check if you have done any of this yet.

Free methods:
Submission to SE's and directories
Article marketing
Email campaign
Forums, blogs and board postings
Social Bookmarking
Etc. etc.

Premium ways: (Should require a budget)
Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Targetted Link backs
Professional SEO services
Ad spaces
Offline campaigns
Etc. etc.

Random and unique traffic is good to any site but getting targeted traffic is what makes the difference. This kind of traffic yields the highest conversion which would determine your site's success.

Given a budget, I would always opt for PPC. PPC is a very effective way of getting targeted traffic given the proper treatment. Identify your niche and select the market you want to cater to and start from there. Research also on the keywords your desired market would most likely be looking for. IMO, one should be more focused on getting targeted traffic than just page views. Buying targetted link backs are also effective at getting targeted traffic.

Another great way of targetting your desired audience is through forum posting on similar niche with your link on your signature. What I like about forum posting is that it is totally free.

Your content will always be a factor to be considered. Getting traffic is just the initial phase, making the conversion from your traffic will depend on how well you match your visitors' needs ;)

My question is : What methods do you use to draw traffic to your site? Random and targeted alike.

Hoping to hear from you!

MrCat ;)

Submit To Slashdot Slashdot | Submit To Digg.com Digg | Save in del.icio.us Del.icio.us | Submit To Reddit Reddit
REPLIES & COMMENTS Post a Reply
Comment by nady703 on Feb 23, 2009 6:57:13 AM CST Report Abuse
Thanks.

I have made a new website for free softwares, Games & learn hacking & so ur suggestions will really help me.

Nadeem Shaikh.
http://nadeemweb.ucoz.com/
LATEST FORUM POSTINGS
Nav How to develop a Flxexible Web Design | Mar 5, 2013
Nav Website comments on updates / improvements please | Feb 28, 2013
Nav WebsiteGear Introduces Unlimited Web Survey Plan | Dec 4, 2012
Nav HTML TAGGING PROJECT CONVERSION 100% QUALITY | Nov 28, 2012
Nav Backup Your Files, Photos, Music online For Free | Nov 25, 2012
Nav 5 common link building mistakes | Aug 27, 2011
Nav How to convert psd into html? | Jan 15, 2011
Nav How to choose the right PHP Framework for web deve | Jan 12, 2011
FORUM SEARCH